Saturday, June 13, 2009

Little League Is Over!

I thought it might be fun to show a few of the highlights from the little league season. Kiera made the jump from T-Ball to Coach Pitch this year and learned quickly! She is such a good athlete. So much fun to watch. In the video you will notice that she jumps over first base, something she has never done before. I was confused as to why she did it until I talked to her after the game.Turns out, I am the one that taught her to jump over the base. The weekend before this I was trying to teach her that she doesn't have to stop on first base. I told her she can run passed it.... So she did... I felt really bad!

Olivia got to pitch in a couple of games this year. She did so good. She got hit by a couple of pitchers too. She is learning to be brave!

Sadly I didn't get any video of Dillon, as I was always coaching, but he and Ashlyn did make the Highlight Reel. By the way, the grasshopper did not die while in our possession. Dillon proudly kept him in a tin can filled with leaves. After a week of abuse Marisa finally convinced Dillon to let him go. He was last seen flying into the forest.

Oh, and the voice of the "proud papa"? That would be me.

4 comments:

  1. Very cute! What a beautiful family! congrats on the newest addition! We can't wait to see you guys. come visit soon:) - Rebecca McHood

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was fun to watch. i can't wait until carter is old enough to play something. your girls did so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Smiths! That looks like so much fun. I bet you are all sad that it is over....or maybe exhausted too...
    Jen

    ReplyDelete